Welcome to “Get Up’N Go Adventures”, a series of regular weekday rides designed for cyclists seeking relatively short relaxed romps over civilized on and off-road routes exploring suburban-Boston's back roads and greenspaces. Our routes are designed for low density, preferably no density, vehicular competition. These are group rides, where everyone stays together, no navigational skills are necessary, no one is ever left behind to fend for themselves, and a two hour time table is conscientiously observed. Because the rides take advantage of fire roads, bike paths, and easy off-road trails to avoid traffic, serve as shortcuts, or just for the fun of it, hybrid or mountain bikes are the (highly!!) recommended equipment.
A decade of designing and refining rides in the “Adventure” format has convinced the leaders that groups greater than fifteen in number are impractical, hence rides are first-come-first-served, advance signup is required, and while CRW membership isn’t necessary, Club members go to the front of the line. Non-members must sign a waiver prior to every ride; CRW people complete an annual waiver when they join the Club and therefore dodge this bullet. Here, just in case, is a link to CRW’s website .. http://www.crw.org/. Click on the “membership” tab if joining’s in the cards for you; $15 a year for an individual, $20 for a family.
Get Up’N Go’s administrators employ this site’s “Week” pages, This Week and Next Week, as bulletin boards to communicate starting locations and times, provide links to directions, and to indicate ride status. If typical New England weather prevails this season, rain may occasionally cause a washout (snowouts are, we hope, unlikely) and, when this happens, cancellation appears as a change from green to red on the “This Week” page. Status is updated by 8:30 AM day-of-ride.
- Start – 10:00 AM, all rides. Start means depart; please arrive 15 minutes early to sign waivers, pump tires, etcetera.
- Return – Shortly after noon
● Starting Locations – Vary, but usually in towns a short distance north or south of Route 2
● Days and Distances
- Monday and Thursday – 15 to 25 or so miles, usually some off-road, occasional hills
- Tuesday – 10 to 15 miles, usually some easy off-road, hills shunned
● Sign Up
- Check What’s Happening for a calendar listing two weeks worth of start locations
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org giving the date when you’d like to ride
- Sign up no later than 5 PM of the day before your ride
- If you’re a CRW member, say so
- Day-of-ride participants accepted if space is available
- All comers welcome, but preference given to CRW members if space is tight.
● Leaders – Lee and Bob Evans (for more about us, click here)
● Need More Information?
Visit our FAQ's page or contact us at email@example.com or 978-808-0900.
Bob and Lee